There are some strawberry u-pick farms in Florida open during the entire season (December – April). However, commercial farms do not open their fields to u-pickers until the end of the season, which is usually in April (depending on the weather).
2015 Season of U-Pick is Closed.
Please check back here next year!
Helpful U-Pick Tips:
- Dress comfortably. Wear loose fitting clothing.
- Wear a hat or cap and bring sunscreen.
- Bring your own containers.
- If you plan to spend the day, take ice to keep berries cool.
- Select only firm ripe berries.
- Be careful not to remove the tops of the berries.
- Make an effort to pick every ripe berry on each plant rather than jumping from plant to plant and row to row.